Sport Premium funding
The purpose of the funding is to support pupils leaving primary school to be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. The funding is ring fenced and must only be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that is offered.
Our aim is to provide self-sustaining improvement against the 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officers guidelines recommend that primary school pupils undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- The profile of PESSPA being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
We use the funding to make improvements to the PE and sporting opportunities in place and to extend these with new, additional opportunities. Our intention is that improvements we provide now will benefit pupils in future years. In order to do this we recognise the benefit that external partners can help us achieve our aims.
All our children are entitled to two hours of high quality P.E per week. To help provide 30 minutes of extra physical activity a day, we offer a range of opportunities outside of the usual curriculum time. We also promote innovative activities at break and lunch times. We have made use of high quality coaches and bespoke training for staff to upskill all our teachers to help us to deliver the best provision possible for our pupils. Our staff also offer a wide range of sport and after school clubs to provide opportunities for all.
We will continue to scrutinise and measure our sports provision in order to maintain and improve the quality of PE and sport available to our pupils.
Below we have outlined how the funding has been spent and the impact it has had on our pupils.
Sport Premium Information 2021-2022
Sport Premium Information 2020-2021
Sport Premium Information 2019-2020